Java Software Engineer II
Job Type: Full time
You’re ready to gain the skills and experience needed to grow within your role and advance your career — and we have the perfect software engineering opportunity for you.
As a Java Software Engineer II at JPMorgan Chase within the corporate sector enterprise technology team, you are part of an agile team that works to enhance, design, and deliver the software components of the firm’s state-of-the-art technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an emerging member of a software engineering team, you execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role. Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office.
- Executes standard software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with limited guidance
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Applies knowledge of tools within the Software Development Life Cycle toolchain to improve the value realized by automation
- Applies technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Demonstratable ability to code in one or more languages
- Exposure to agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Familiarity with preparing unit test cases and validating the results for accuracy.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiar with relational database software development, data architecture, data modeling, database design and data warehousing.
- Familiar using development tools such as Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, etc.
- Exposure to cloud technologies