Regulatory Risk Reporting - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
UK Regulatory Finance
UK Regulatory Finance is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”), Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) and the Bank of England, as well as producing financial information for submission to the German regulator.
UK Regulatory Finance Team is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. You as part of this group will be also dedicated to add the value and improve efficiency, quality and controls. It is supported by change and policy functions for the developing demands of the regulators and business.
- Co-ordinate/project manage the quarterly COREP reporting suite for regulated entities including all the COREP returns.
- Co-ordinate/project manage the quarterly MREL reporting process. Liaising with Line of business to obtain data and sign offs prior to submission.
- Focus on control environment and monitoring, driving process efficiency
- Support and deliver strategic projects to improve and broaden the regulatory reporting infrastructure
- Provide support for ad hoc queries/reports when required by management, auditors or regulators.
- Partner with Regulatory Policy in the interpretation of regulatory rules
- Partner with other Finance areas to ensure adherence to the firm’s regulatory obligations (e.g. ICAAP, 10Q reporting)
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to critically review and challenge numbers / strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Proactive and self-starting individual with high levels of ownership
- Degree qualification and either accountancy qualification or qualification by experience within Financial Services industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of improving processes and controls
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with current regulatory rules and reporting requirements (COREP)
- Working knowledge of investment banking products including derivatives / financing transactions
- Working knowledge of banking products (Repurchase agreements, securities, derivatives, deposits, loans, credit facilities)