Agility Lead/Scrum Master
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Sales and Research Technology intro
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
Sales and Research Technology is a team that supports the global Sales & Research for front office daily digital workflows and MIS tools across the Investment Bank. This involves leveraging a wide range of tools that will help sales make decision efficiently, while collecting valuable client intelligence data points (trade, revenue, deal, profitability, clients, contacts, etc.), with a user base of roughly 4,500 staff globally.
As an Agility Lead/Scrum Master, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the agile principles, practices to support software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders daily to stay focused on common goals.
As a member of the Agility team, you will work with one of our Pods/teams on the day to day. The primary goal is to support the teams to deliver value through agile ways of working. Without prescribing processes, the role is focused on supporting the needs of those teams to succeed in their mission. Using your skills you will help Pods/teams focus on efficiency, predictability and delivery of customer value. You will be directly involved in their ongoing success. You are passionate about people and their development. A skilled practitioner in multiple disciplines such as Scrum and Kanban, you are able to bring a pragmatic approach to your role.
You will be working in London (with some flexibility to work remotely), in a predominantly co-located agile team responsible for all aspects of software delivery. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Expertise with Agile and Scrum Framework and its application in Product Development and delivery organization
- Work with the delivery trains to align team with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information
- Support the running and maturing of agile practice in your Pods/teams
- Able to identify needs and support teams in finding solutions to issues such as being predictable, efficient and focused on delivery of customer value with fast feedback cycles
- Understand how to use metrics and data to drive improvements, such as velocity and throughput
- An excellent stakeholder manager, influencer with great communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Embrace the concept of continuous learning in your own journey, and instill the same in the team(s) you coach
- Communicate organizational impediments to leadership; teach team to remove impediments
- Create an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts
- Ensure partnership with key stakeholders (e.g., Product, Lines of Business, Engineering) to ensure projects delivered to reduce friction and/or achieve control outcomes
- Organize and manage communications with stakeholders and senior leaders on project execution and delivery. Develop and provide ongoing project status, summaries, scorecards and program/project performance trends to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Understanding and ability to coach/train fundamental Agile principles and techniques
- Bring ideas from professional facilitation, coaching, conflict management, mediation and so on to help the team become a high-performance team
- Able to challenge preconceived ideas in order to bring out the best results in our people
- Champion continuous improvement activities to reduce waste and increase productivity; coach organization to conduct continuous improvements events
- Understanding of major agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS, or Scrum @ Scale) and 3 or more years’ experience in at least 1 framework
- Good skills and knowledge of lean, servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques (example: scrum, Kanban, XP, DevOps, story mapping, example mapping, transformation plans, operating models, scaled agile frameworks).
- Submit your application via ‘Apply now’ button!
- We’ll review your application.
- Our recruiter will reach out to you for the initial call to find out about your motivation and expectations.
- You will get to meet with the Hiring Manager
- You will be asked to complete a Technical challenge/ Coding exercise/ Technical interview
- It’s time for an Offer!
- You join the team
If this role is not good fit for you, but you know someone who you think would be well-suited, share this job description with them!
Company Overview, About Us, Diversity & Inclusion
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a lead global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centres worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.