Process Engineering Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You will are a highly analytical, self-starter, process design expert who can partner with teams across Business and Operations to identify opportunities for re-engineering and help teams meet goals and objectives in line with their Line of Business (LOB) strategies.
- Performing various design and analytical roles that support overall development of Operational strategy and Target Operating Model design at both the divisional and business unit level including: identifying convergence and streamlining options between similar functions in the same and differing business units, assisting business units in understanding their strategic drivers and converting these into strategic long-term objectives and business cases that provide the platform for detailed design work to start, working with our business units to develop optimal organizational models that allow them to best place their people to meet their strategic objectives, leading workstreams in complex projects to identify opportunities to become more efficient, identifying cost reduction opportunities, applying new technologies as well as re-thinking the business and operating models, working with regulatory, client excellence and business-aligned teams to interpret new requirements and how they can be accommodated into their Target Operating Models. partnering with data strategists on defining data architecture strategies that may include reporting rationalization; reference data reviews; data governance and control processes.
- Leading and executing high value automation critical projects and team resources to reengineer and, automate processes and workflows in partnership with Technology and business users. This includes: managing key stakeholders and leveraging a mix of technical resources and citizen developers across engagements, using analytic tools to perform basic data analysis to assist with root cause analysis and identify opportunities for automation, developing BPM models to describe current state as well as target state design including Business Decision Modelling requirements, managing, and delivering a portfolio of high value engagements that drive measurable business value to the organization’s bottom line, working with technology to create required infrastructure to support the capability of low code automation, building a portfolio of projects in a business consulting environment, and supporting all aspects of its execution lifecycle including requirement gathering, solution architecture, solution development, testing, deployment and continuous improvement.
- Supporting team development and contributing to the growth of the capability through continuous delivery, enhancement and service innovation by: helping develop the methodologies and skills of the team by joining and contributing on one of our development pillars, presenting and communicating ideas and designs to the wider team management teams plus line stakeholders in Operations as necessary and partnering with data and technology teams to identify and develop reusable assets for data sourcing and other micro services.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Experience in business process management, process design, re-engineering, automation, technology consulting, and digital transformation capabilities
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of the Target Operating Model framework and project experience / exposure to certain components within it and strong understanding and experience of the project lifecycle with proven change management and change delivery ability
- Experience with Agile software development processes and methodologies, as well as tools such as Jira, Confluence,Trello and strong root-cause analysis and problem-solving skills, coupled with the self-motivation and leadership to drive projects to completion with technical aptitude with a proven track record of delivering business value using low code automation platforms like Pega, Appian, Mendix, , Unqork, ServiceNow etc.
- Working knowledge on model driven development capabilities using BPMN, CMMN, DMN with understanding of core concepts of data analysis, ETL, and management e.g. KPIs, KRIs, KGIs etc.
- Expertise in building, managing and delivering portfolio of automation initiatives with measurable impact and proven record of using process mapping and improvement techniques to improve processes
- Experience collaborating, problem-solving and leading cross-functional teams, preferably including a variety of stakeholders, across business functions and levels with the ability to hold and independently drive senior stakeholder and working group conversations on projects
- Intermediate/Advanced experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Consulting or working experience within capital markets and financial services domain and/or technical background in workflow automation and application development
- Experience in process improvement and process re-engineering frameworks like Lean, Six Sigma. Yellow Belt or higher is a plus
- Certifications in capabilities like BPMN, CMMN, DMN and low-code tooling
- Motivated and consistently able to produce high-quality work to drive business outcomes. Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation); with the ability to be a thought partner to internal teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to adapt, self-organize and define the team's tasks, as well as your own, in an ever-changing environment and ability to work well in a fast-growing environment with the ability to deliver on time and strong expertise to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency and drive
- Highly structured mindset coupled with strong problem solving and analytical aptitude and exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills withing a team environment
- Ability to deliver while working under pressure to tight deadlines; flexible and able to respond positively to changes / moving targets
You’ve got this!