Program Manager (Global Environment Management) - Vice President
Job Type: Full time
About the Team
The Global Environment Management (GEM) team is a growing organisation of support staff, application developers, site reliability engineers and business analysts, responsible for environment management support and development activities across the JPMorgan Corporate and Investment Bank.
Our vision is to “Strike the perfect balance between supporting rapid change and delivering production stability” and our mission is to “Provide best-in-class environment build, automation, support and monitoring development services to our stakeholders and clients”
With ongoing investment in research and development being a core value of the GEM team, we balance innovation of our tools and products with delivery of them through our twenty-four hour support services.
Providing a diverse range of career paths and opportunities, the Global Environment Management team will support your growth as you help to support our environments.
Objectives of this Role
As the team continues to expand its services, we are looking for an experienced program manager to co-ordinate, deliver and report on cross line-of-business: -
- Global Environment Management Internal
- Service standardization
- Tooling adoption
- Data visualization
- Business Facing GEM Initiatives
- Creative participation in program design and execution
Equal weight in the role is given to GEM Internal and Business Facing initiatives.
The Vice President, Portfolio/Program Manager will be a talented individual accountable for planning, directing and coordinating activities for complex work efforts to accomplish goals and objectives within a specified timeframe while improving the maturity of agile practices and driving business agility.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of how activities contribute to the achievement of strategic business goals and operational objectives
- Facilitates and leads the execution and delivery of moderately to highly complex non-IT & IT work efforts intended to accomplish business goals and objectives within prescribed timeframes and budgets
- Collaborates with key stakeholders, vendors and program/project teams to identify mutually beneficial outcomes for competing priorities and negotiate timelines to ensure objectives are met
- Analyses, estimates and tracks financial aspects of service delivery
- Communicates with work efforts stakeholders and executive/senior management and provides insight on issues through root cause analyses
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and operational objectives are met
- Participates in work effort closure activities to determine benefit / business impact realization to include retrospective management
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the organization
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in project or program management, including planning, tracking and delivery preferably across digital, banking, financial services and/or payments industry
- Experience in Discovering, Planning and Delivery of complex work efforts working with recognized program and/or project methodologies
- Proficient working knowledge of program/project management tools (e.g. Jira, Jira Align) and methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Proficient working knowledge of data visualisation and analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx)
- Proficient working knowledge of full Microsoft suite of tools (including SharePoint and Project)
- Ability to perform Change Management by conducting impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders to assist with the change
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, with desire of using both in collaboration with potential partners and internal stakeholders