Central ESG Research - ESG Methodology and Integration - Analyst or Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
In this role you will have a chance to build knowledge to become a subject matter expert in ESG investing and work closely with the Head of Methodology and Integration. If you have an interest in equities and/or fixed income, markets and thematic trends, and a passion for building expertise in ESG and Sustainability, this role is for you.
The Central ESG Team is part of J.P. Morgan’s number 1 ranked Global Research franchise. Our Analysts aim to provide actionable ideas and thematic insights that empower our institutional clients to make well-informed investment and strategic decisions within their coverage, bringing clarity to complex situations.
If you are an experienced analyst based in London we are looking for you to join our Central ESG Research team. If you have an interest in equities and/or fixed income, markets and thematic trends, and a passion for building expertise in ESG and Sustainability, this role is for you.
- Work closely with the Head of Methodology and Integration to develop ESG frameworks and methodologies across asset classes and geographies
- Work closely with the Head of Methodology and Integration to build and maintain databases of high quality ESG data that will feed into investment screens, security baskets and/or model portfolios
- Contribute to the Global ESG research product by gathering data, extracting insights, liaising with ESG analysts, sector specialists and strategists and producing written output in the form of reports and presentations
- Draw insights from the analysis and manipulation of vast amounts of data using vendor datasets (MSCI, Morningstar, Sustainalytics, etc), publicly available data and tools developed in-house
- Become a key contributor to client events such as the annual ESG conference or thematic access days
- Help address ad-hoc client requests relative to the global ESG product
- Build knowledge to become a subject matter expert in ESG investing
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- You demonstrate experience in an analytical role, ideally in research (buy side or sell side) or portfolio management, either in equities or fixed income
- An advanced level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, plus a general aptitude for analytical platforms/systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a collaborative approach in a multi-location set-up
- Rigorous, analytical thinking
- A passion for equity research and Sustainability
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams at the same time
- A diligent, detail focused and intellectually curious individual
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- A CFA/accounting qualification or progress toward these would be a plus
- Coding skills, preferably in Python
We welcome applications from any degree discipline. Although not essential, we encourage those with a background in a technical discipline (engineering, finance, mathematics, science) to apply.
In addition to your direct team responsibilities, you will be part of a network of inquisitive, smart, and collaborative individuals who have had the opportunity to gain significant responsibility and exposure at the early career stage. We provide extensive department-wide training and professional development to support career growth, hosted by a combination of external experts and our own market-leading senior analysts, designed to broaden both your skill set and your personal connections both within and beyond the department.
If you are passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you. Please include cover letter and CV into application.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.