Applications Development Engineer - Associate - Hybrid Working
Job Type: Full time
The Capacity Governance team is part of the CIB Production Management and Infrastructure Services organization. The global organization manages services to ensure that systems perform as expected, are running efficiently and can adapt to growth to minimize cost with the least amount manual toil. The 1,500-person organization manages over 1,700 applications which process trillions of dollars a day in payments and oversees applications that trade hundreds of billions of dollars working toward one clear mission - making stability a competitive advantage.
As a member of the CIB Capacity Governance team, you will have the opportunity to ensure application teams have the information they need to manage capacity and meet regulatory capacity control. Our team directly interacts with colleagues across the CIB including senior leaders within our Application Development, Production Management, Risk and Control, Global Tech and Global Infrastructure teams.
We are looking for a self-starter that will use their infrastructure, automation, data analytics, and infrastructure capacity understanding to drive improvements, implement automation where possible and work with technical teams to create features that enable proactive capacity management. A long-term objective for our team is to begin using business intelligence to identify potential issues/trends/anomalies so that our application teams can remove capacity constraints before they become an issue.
- Automate and enhance program reporting and communication mechanisms tailored to customer requirements
- Analyze and automate available data such as incidents to identify concerns, gaps, and support application teams in proactive response and regulatory compliance
- Support data gathering necessary for use case prioritization, audits, and regulatory review.
- Define and maintain reference guides and how to information for our stakeholders to self-service capacity management and compliance.
- Partner with Global Infrastructure team to deliver features in strategic capacity management tool according to CIB needs
- Support teams in capacity program onboarding process, definition of KPIs and API configuration
- Opportunity to expand scope into other areas of analytics, controls, and project management. Career stretch opportunities are available on the team.
- Proficient with scripting and automation using Python, Bash and various scripting languages
- Experience with automating CI/CD pipelines from commit to deployments in cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with building Infrastructure as Code (IaC) utilizing Terraform, Cloud Formation, Sceptre and Ansible for various AWS services including EKS, Lambda, EC2, RDC and MSK.
- Experience with containerization including Kubernetes, service mesh and artifact repositories is a plus
- Familiar with Operating Systems like Red hat Linux/Windows (PSI/VSI/Cloud) and good understanding of different infrastructure components such as interaction of CPU, memory, storage (file systems, NAS) and network, and how they impact capacity planning and management
- Good understanding of technology platforms such as Distributed systems, public cloud and mainframe