Securities Services, Agency Securities Finance (ASF) Trader - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co Agency Securities Finance team is a broad and diversified business. The successful candidate will join the Agency Securities Finance (AFS) Team, managing the risk and profitability of a designated trading book. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. JPMorgan Chase & Co. can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
- Maximize risk-adjusted returns by negotiating rates with borrowers; analyzing client’s portfolios to create revenue opportunities including risk management, positioning and ongoing optimization of the trading books
- Develop the trading capabilities across multi asset class to maximize the breadth of demand and the JPM supply. This will include rotation through the cash desk.
- Idea generation, positioning and risk management around corporate actions.
- Pricing new and existing business including overnight, term transactions and exclusive portfolios whilst managing and growing external client relationships
- Providing expert commentary to both external and internal clients on a single name and sector-level.
- Analyse any cross market / sector driven opportunities; work in partnership with other traders across the franchise to maximise opportunities.
- Daily P&L reconciliation/book management and maintenance. Close interaction with related business units to maximize franchise value. Data driven and have the ability to extract and interpolate data using trends to further understand pricing. Also be able to work with the QR team to further extract value from the trading book
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to grow and monetize relationships
- Must be an excellent team player with a strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
- Presentation skills and confidence in telephone, written and face-to-face interactions
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong interpersonal/relationship-building skills
- An entrepreneurial and innovative approach and a risk-aware attitude