Asset Management, Global Transportation Group - Operations Associate
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Join our Global Transportation Group as an Operations Associate where you will be involved in all aspects of the team’s activities including providing support for new transactions and managing the existing portfolio.
Welcome to our Global Transportation Group - we are part of Alternative Investments and we are looking for an Associate to join our team where you will be providing organisational and business support during the deal origination process from a qualitative and quantitative perspective. You will work as part of our integrated team, delivering an exceptionally high-quality and finished work product to senior team members, with limited oversight. Your skills in managing the timing and sequencing of deliverables in order to meet tight deadlines are key to success in this role.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to facilitate the investment and capital raising cycle.
- Draft presentations and perform analytics for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate projects and internal stakeholders to meet deadlines and assist in the on-boarding and monitoring of long-term project finance and loans.
- Conduct investment vehicle ongoing operating and cost performance analysis for internal and external consumption.
- Coordinate with support functions across IT, corporate secretarial, controller, treasury, structuring and product development teams to ensure smooth transactions and operational excellence.
- Participate in the investment due diligence processes and evaluate new vendors and manage vendor onboarding
- Coordinate with a range of external parties including fund administrators, portfolio companies and third party technical managers.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Robust knowledge of financial modelling and strong quantitative analytical skills plus accounting.
- Experience in operational or execution focused roles.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail essential.
- Able to communicate effectively, and build relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders including business support functions, investment team members, external vendors and third party intermediaries, due diligence providers, brokers, lawyers, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: ability to develop clear, concise written analyses.
- Experience leading projects and or transactions. Able to demonstrate excellent enterprise project management skills.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Experience in transportation, infrastructure or project finance sectors preferred.
- Experience within Asset Management, Corporate Finance, Law or Private Equity.
- Fluency in at least one foreign language (in addition to English) will be viewed favourably, especially French, Spanish, German or Chinese (Mandarin).
- Experience in an early stage venture or in setting up new ventures.
- Knowledge and appreciation of: business analysis, process mapping, programming, software development cycles and data management.