C#/.Net Software Engineer III (Global Shares- a JPMC company)
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within Global Shares (a JPMorgan Company), you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems.
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems.
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development.
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems.
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture.
- The software team produces high quality web applications for participants and administrators of Equity/Share plans, across multiple countries and languages.
- We use some of the latest Microsoft technologies, and aim to keep the team up-to-date with new technology releases.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts.
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability.
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages.
- Demonstratable ability to code in one or more languages.
- Experience across the whole Software Development Life Cycle.
- C# (.NET 3.5/4) - we consider some Java experience with test Frameworks such as Moq/xUnit, ASP.NET MVC 3/4/5.
- Use of GIT in Development activity. TSQL / SQL Server Knowledge.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Entity Framework, UML Experience, UI Design / UX, Responsive Design, Financial Information eXchange (FIX) Protocol experience, Knowledge of caching technologies such as Redis
- Enterprise Library Blocks (Data, Caching)
- Deployment and configuration management tools like Docker