UK Investment Specialist, London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic, diverse team within the UK market of J.P Morgan’s EMEA Private Banking business. We are actively looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are collaborative, confident and motivated to provide a first-class experience to clients. If you have an entrepreneurial mind-set and are looking to constantly challenge yourself, J.P. Morgan is the place for you. You will be working alongside a team of talented colleagues from other markets, businesses and functions to provide you with the opportunity to take your career to the next level.
Our Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and solutions to Ultra High Net Worth individuals and families around the world. Through our integrated and diverse platform we deliver highly customized and comprehensive market leading solutions to help clients with the many challenges and complexities they face in the ever evolving financial services space.
The Investor will communicate market strategy and investment knowledge to clients and investment committees in portfolio reviews and investment forums. The Investor will consult with clients to determine their portfolio objectives and long term asset allocations. The investment/product universe is the entire spectrum of WM open architecture platform including Fixed Income, Equities, Alternatives and global multi-asset mandates.
The job requires the ability to establish credibility internally and externally, partner with Private Bankers, Investors and Prospectors in our EMEA wealth management group and build rapport with clients as investment expert of the firm in order to promote services to endowments & foundations. A high level of professionalism and diligence in meeting client expectations will be essential to increasing the quantity and quality of effective client relationships.
- Plays a leading role in the investment dialogue with clients
- Understand client's investment plan, goals and objectives to develop and implement investment plan
- Advise clients on holistic asset allocation and portfolio construction and tactical asset allocation shifts
- Executes investment solutions in client accounts in accordance with client plans. Such solutions include: Investment Management, Mutual Funds, Structured Products, Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Foreign Exchange, as well as execution of more traditional brokerage transactions.
- Conducts investment reviews with clients to validate the clients' current investment objectives and prepare recommendations
- Drives new business development and regional expansion by:
- Drives new business development and regional expansion
- Participating in new business opportunities with EMEA Integrated Team Members and Senior Management
- Performs Sales management, including coordination of RFPs, pitches, road shows, campaigns, proposals
- Interacts with clients and prospects, understanding their issues, motivations and factors that are key for success
- Understands JPMorgan platform, solutions, investment philosophy
- Interacts effectively with the various internal product partners, banking teams, risk and compliance, marketing, etc.
- Provide guidance to junior staff
- Significant relevant market experience (dealing with UHNW clients or fund management)
- Asset allocation / multi asset class portfolio or sales experience is preferable
- Strong knowledge of investment products with the ability to extend beyond a single product to a multi-product focus
- Excellent communication skills - the candidate must be articulate verbally and on paper and able to generate trust with clients through a credible discussion on investment matters
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Personality marked by drive and ambition with demonstrated success in dealing with a wide range of clients
- Superior analytical skills; strong computer skills
- Ability to thrive in an internal culture that points to innovation, customer service, internal partnership and entrepreneurship
- Team player capable of working effectively with many business partners
- Non-commissioned background (or willingness to move to such a structure)
Having a proven track record of building trust with clients and effectively managing relationships, both externally and internally, will be vital to this role. Possessing a collaborative spirit and the ability to work effectively in a team, as well as valuing the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings, is essential.