Private Banker, Executive Director, UK Team - Manchester
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Private Banker is the face of J.P. Morgan's Private Banking business. The Private Banker leads new client acquisition and retention through a broad knowledge of investments, banking, trust services and financial planning. This role is also responsible for the client experience and engaging our resources to deliver a complete wealth management solution.
The best Private Bankers are self-starters with a proven track record of success. They are skilled problem solvers who offer specialized advice to clients. For those with an entrepreneurial spirit, a tenacity to succeed and a passion for delivering world class service to our clients, this role is an exciting opportunity to further build your career.
Our culture of performance, transparency and partnership is driven by objective, transparent goals and active teamwork to foster success.
- The Banker will be responsible for prospecting and acquiring new clients and new assets from new and existing clients, with a particular focus on clients in the North of the country
- Maintain and further develop an existing book of business consisting of Ultra High Net Worth clients focused in Northern regions
- Responsible for sales and implementation of investment, banking and trust/estate products to core clients as appropriate
- Leverage and coordinate specialists (Investor, Capital Advisor, Trust and Estate Advisor and Wealth Advisor) to provide interdisciplinary expertise for our most complex clients
- Manage each account to ensure that the client has a completed profile and that accounts are properly maintained and serviced, specifically adhering to J.P. Morgan Risk Management policies
- Build trust with clients and effectively manage relationships
- Ensure that the proposed products and services maximize the clients' needs, goals and objectives
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Significant experience in Private Banking working with Ultra High Net individuals and families in the UK, particularly those in the North East and North West
- UK qualified and able to provided regulated investment advice.
- Proven track record in prospecting, profiling, overcoming objections, negotiation, team selling approach, closing the sale and asking for referrals.
- Enthusiasm, appetite and proven experience in business development through a variety of entrepreneurial techniques.
- Proven sales success including: prospecting, profiling, overcoming objections, negotiation, team selling approach, closing the sale and asking for referrals
- Experience or demonstrated understanding of investments, banking and trust concepts including, but not limited to: asset allocation on structured portfolios, managed portfolios, brokerage accounts, portfolio reviews, deposit and loan solutions, basic trust and estate products and identification of wealth planning opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business including regulatory and technological environment.
- Strong relationship management and team building skills.