Design Systems Designer - Chase UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it's about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused individuals, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
As a Design System Designer, you will focus on designing components, patterns, styles, and assets for the Dynamo Design System, along with the documentation, process, and advocacy that ensure their correct usage and seamless delivery. You will play a critical role in helping the Dynamo Design System empower Chase UK to accelerate our focus on customer experiences at scale by creating, evolving, and maintaining the underlying foundation that powers them
- Creating foundational UI components, patterns, templates, and documentation that enables our design team to scale and deliver quality user experiences.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, product designer, technologists, and business experts to apply, evolve, and maintain our Design System.
- Work closely with designers to champion consistency and efficiency in design deliverables across our products and services with usability, accessibility, and optimisation in mind.
- Use customers insights and analytical data to inform the development of key components and design patterns.
- Collaborate with team members and other stakeholders to identify new design opportunities that create business and customer value.
- Support new Design System releases by providing drop-in sessions, and actively track, measure, and gather feedback to drive Design System improvements and adoption across the company.
- Be the voice of the Design System throughout the company, representing the Design System team in product discussions and educating others on how to use the Design System.
- Previous experience as a Product / UX/UI / Design System Design role required with responsibility creating, contributing and/or maintaining a Design System.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating samples of best practice Design System deliverables (brand foundations, components, interaction design, iconography, prototypes, documentation and guidelines for Designers and Engineers).
- Demonstrate an ability to think at a systems level of design and understanding of User Centred Design and usability best practices
- Effective communication of design solutions across levels and comfortable collaborating closely with front-end engineering teams.
- Proven understanding of mobile application and responsive web design.
- Proven experience with, and deep knowledge of, Figma and other design tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of iOS and Android platforms is a plus.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment.
- Actively listens, hears, and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent.
- Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.