EMEA Sales & Research - Senior Internal Audit- Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Associate (Senior Auditor) position is a hybrid working role where you will be accountable for planning and executing audits. You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues and business stakeholders in your location and across the globe in delivering these audits.
Using your business and product specific experience, you will maintain relationships with business stakeholders to identify control weaknesses and influence audit reports.
Within the department, colleagues are encouraged to champion innovation through the use of technology & data analytics for auditing, and you will work in an environment that puts integrity, respect and excellence at the forefront of every interaction.
JPMorgan Internal Audit in EMEA prides itself in being a diverse workplace where everyone is valued and respected for their differences and their unique contributions. Your success in this role isn't based simply on the time you spend, but rather on the contributions you make to the department's objectives and making us a more productive workplace where people enjoy working. We take ownership of our self-development, and are looking for individuals who are motivated to take on stretch assignments, greater responsibilities and career growth.
- Plan, execute and document audit reports, including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure while ensuring audits are completed timely and within budget
- Work closely with global audit colleagues in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them timely to Audit management and business stakeholders
- Partner with stakeholders, business management, other control groups (i.e. risk management, compliance, fraud prevention), external auditors, and regulators establishing strong working relationships while maintaining independence
- Finalise audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment through developing recommendations to strengthen internal controls
- Stay up to date with industry trends to identify opportunities for game changing innovations or strategic partnerships
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Extensive experience of internal or external auditing, or relevant business experience
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls for a given set of risks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi task and prioritise effectively in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and build strong partnerships with senior business and control partners