Java/Python Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Python/Java Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the corporate sector wholesale credit risk team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Works closely with stakeholders to produce software solutions, and execute to plan
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Continuously improves on system stability and efficiency
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Solid development experience in Python, Java, or similar languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Solid experience with relational databases such as Oracle or similar
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience with data processing and the associated modules numpy, and pandas.
- Experience with web servers such as tornado, or Tomcat
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies
You’ve got this!