Markets Advisory Compliance Officer - Executive Director
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
You will join the Markets Compliance team within the London Compliance Department. You will primarily provide , line of Business advisory and regulatory support to the respective Sales and Trading functions of the EMEA Markets CIB departments. These are leading global businesses that provide a wide range of investment banking services to corporate, institutional and government clients in EMEA.
The Compliance function has a strong culture which is focused on delivering first class support to the business while providing a credible challenge where necessary. It seeks to promote best practice, foster employee development and deliver the goals of the Firm wide Risk organisation. A diverse department of Compliance professionals supports all lines of business around the globe. The Compliance department works diligently to present all business partners with innovative, thoughtful and tailored solutions to the challenges they face.
The team forms part of the EMEA Compliance Department which covers JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Banking, Security Services, Asset Management and Private Banking businesses in the region. The Markets Compliance team is responsible for setting policies, providing training and real-time interpretation of financial regulations to the EMEA Markets businesses, which are across Europe.
- Assessing the impact of new financial regulations and setting appropriate internal Compliance policies and procedures, and keeping them up to date.
- Preparing Compliance training materials and conducting programmed and ad hoc training where necessary.
- Providing real-time interpretation of internal Compliance policies and procedures in response to ad hoc enquiries from front and middle office.
- Investigating and resolving escalation alerts from Compliance Surveillance and self-escalations from front and middle office.
- Designing and performing risk-based Compliance monitoring tests.
- Assisting in performing and keeping up to date the 2LOD risk assessments.
- Representing EMEA Compliance in regional and global Compliance working groups.
- Provide specific input to new product and business initiatives, new regulations, policies, training, monitoring and surveillance escalations.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiar with market structures, products and the relevant UK, EU and US regulations, particularly, MiFID2, Market Abuse Regulation, EMIR and Dodd-Frank.
- For candidates from outside the region, they are expected to be familiar with the equivalent regulations in their local jurisdiction, on subjects such as management of conflicts of interest, prohibition of insider dealing and market manipulation, mandatory trading and clearing of derivatives and fair treatment of clients.
- Good understanding of the various markets, including cash markets and derivatives.
- Relevant experience of performing a Compliance, Risk or Control role in a global investment bank would be a significant advantage.
- Able to work independently and have sufficient experience to know when to escalate an issue is essential.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Being proactive, able to think critically about the information presented to them, comfortable with subjective situations, and ready to ask appropriate questions and effectively challenge where needed.
- Good team player and will be expected to provide cross coverage of the other areas covered by Compliance.