Transaction Management Specialist
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
CB – Transaction Management Specialist – Loans – Associate
The transaction management team is known as Credit Products Delivery team, a middle office transaction management partner for clients of the Global Corporate Bank, Commercial Bank and Global Trade Finances Businesses. Credit Products Delivery provides expertise in the negotiation and review of facility documentation and end-to-end transaction management for Loans (and Traditional Trade Finance products). The Credit Products Delivery team partners closely with JPMorgan's Coverage teams, as well as external legal counsel and syndicate banks.
- Deliver best-in-class Investment Grade and Non-Investment Grade loan documentation for Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) and Commercial Banking (CB) clients, including maintain oversight of the deal closing process.
- In close partnership with Front Office and Credit Risk review and support on the negotiation of legal documentation across core corporate lending categories, with a focus on bilateral, club and syndicated working capital / term loan facilities ranging from vanilla to complex (acquisition finance type and/or cross regional) documentation.
- Liaising with internal/external counsel to prepare and review transactional documentation.
- Draw on (geographic) expertise to help suggest solutions for appropriate stakeholders (Bankers, Credit, Tax, Ops etc) as necessary, ensuring they are brought into the debate in a timely manner to reach a resolution.
- Manage controls framework, reporting and escalation for transaction execution; including preparing and coordinating documentation deviations and approvals during negotiations.
- Actively contribute to WLS wider projects & initiatives.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- In-depth technical knowledge and understanding of loan documentation (in particular LMA Bilateral and Syndicated Facilities)
- A good understanding of credit execution, transaction management, credit products and banking processes.
- Ability to identify problems and escalate these promptly.
- Excellent coordination skills and a strong control mindset.
- Good organization skills, and ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines, including strong prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact professionally and confidently with the Front Office and functional partners globally.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc), Word and PowerPoint.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Candidates from law firms and/or with in-house counsel/paralegal backgrounds.
- Dutch language skills welcome.