Country Risk Reporting – Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a part of Country Risk Reporting team, you will be responsible for the collection, aggregation and analysis of data to produce Country Reports. You will need to understand data flows, investigate and remediate data issues between upstream source systems and the Country Risk Infrastructure. You must have an understanding of stress scenarios and calculations and the theory behind them.
You will work in partnership with the Country Risk Management, Credit Risk Management, various Middle Offices, Credit and Market Risk Reporting, Controllers, Finance, Investor Relations and Technology. Topics covered within the job profile include derivative, loans and commitments, issuer positions, internal country ratings, new business initiatives, country strategy papers, exposure and stress against Country Limits, and other risk analyses.
Do not hesitate to apply if:
You have a strong understanding of market risk or credit risk concepts across a range of products and a determination to analyze, understand, challenge the numbers and able to articulate the story behind them.
You are heavily analytical in nature and able to have a conceptual conversation with the business and turn that into a high quality end-product with appropriate analytical commentary.
You are a self-starter with a curiosity to investigate issues by networking across functions and navigating around the infrastructure with minimal supervision.
Specific responsibilities/deliverables include:
- Participate or lead in the collection, aggregation, and analysis of Country Risk Exposure & FSI Stress to provide unique insights and commentaries to Country Risk Management at weekly meetings.
- Impact change through methodology and process assessments and bring to fruition through collaboration with business partners - Market Risk, Credit Risk, Trading, Product control, Middle Office, technology and senior management.
- Crisis Monitoring - Assist in ad-hoc data collection and review of information for countries requiring increased scrutiny. Provide input or present findings to senior management.
- Contribute to the improvement and automation of the Country Risk reporting process
- Strong innovator always challenging processes and seeking efficiencies.
- Provide input and participate in various working groups to ensure appropriate capture of data, enhance data aggregation processes and reporting & control procedures.
- Strong control mindset who can influence change and proactively address problems in advance of risk reporting.
Required Qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Several years of experience in either Market Risk, Credit Risk, Product Control or Financial Reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Accounting, Finance, Business or related area
- Solid understanding of financial products; cross asset knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, lead initiatives and bring tasks to complete closure
- Basic Microsoft Office & strong Excel skills are required; working knowledge of data science (e.g. Machine learning), analytics platform (e.g. Alteryx) and data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau) will be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation. An ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Good team player who can work well with colleagues of various levels, across multiple locations.
Preferred Qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Prior experience in a Risk & PnL or Controls background
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with large amounts of data
- Implement robust controls and new business initiatives
- Experience with risk systems desirable