ICB - Fraud and Financial Crime Control Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
International Consumer Banking (ICB):
International Consumer Banking is at the heart of JPMC's expansion of the Chase Brand into new markets. We recently launched Chase UK and purchased Nutmeg, the UK's largest digital wealth services provider. We are continuing our journey of innovative ways to attract customers, deepen engagement and drive increased satisfaction through delightful interactions with digital products and experiences. Our team is at the heart of driving this transformation, focused on developing innovative offerings that put the customer at the center. We believe that engaging, relevant and contextual content is at the heart of personalized customer experiences. We're also committed to designing content for reuse in a way that's measurable and consistent.
Culture is important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, honest, passionate, and hungry individuals who are motivated to use and expand their skills, while working on a new and exciting venture. ICB's unwavering commitment to attract, train, develop, and retain the best talent is on constant display within its highly visible Control Management organization.
ICB Controls Management
Our vision: "Operational risk management is embedded and sustained within the ICB culture, decision making and delivery of our retail banking experiences".
The ICB Control Management is closely embedded within the Chase UK and Nutmeg businesses. As part of the first line, we help maintain a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligned with our business leadership. Control Managers work hand in hand with Product, Operations, Technology and Functions as we design, build and launch new and exciting products and features, new operations and processes and technology and grow and expand our reach to customers. We do this through 4 key pillars of 1. Risk Identification & Assessment, 2. Control Design & Evaluation, 3. Issue and Risk Event Management, and 4. Governance & Reporting.
As the ED for Fraud and Financial Crime, you will have joint accountability for the overall controls environment and operational risk management across Onboarding, Financial Crime and Fraud Management. You will be reporting to the Head of Controls for Operations and be responsible to lead a small team of control managers to design and develop and help implement effective processes and controls to manage any regulatory risks and potential fraud losses. Specifically, you will be accountable to:
- Act as a proactive and trusted advisor to the business providing guidance on UK and US regulatory requirements, Firm-wide Policies and Standards and Industry best practice within retail banking for your domain;
- Execute and lead effective risk and control self assessments on customer onboarding, financial crime and fraud processes that cut across functional areas and team, identifying areas for control enhancement;
- Provide control related due diligence across distributed business units to foster a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols;
- Ensure effective testing of key controls through development of testing plans;
- Develop issues and action plans, tracking progress and validation of their closure;
- Manage and coordinate Compliance Testing, Internal and External Audit and/or Regulatory Engagement as they pertain to fraud and financial crime;
- Driving control governance and reporting through setup meaningful metrics to inform on the health of operational risk and control environment; escalation protocols of risk events, control gaps and weaknesses;
- Deliver effective management reporting on control environment to key stakeholders including the ICB leadership Team, Head of Control Management, Business Partners and Regulators
- Partner effectively with colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators, and technology control functions to drive consistent and rigorous operational risk practices.
- Manage and motivate a team and provide ongoing feedback and training to develop employees
Experience and Knowledge
- 10+ years of financial services experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance with a focus on financial crime and fraud
- In depth knowledge of both Firmwide Financial Crime Policies and Standards and UK FCA rules associated with fraud and financial crime
- Demonstrable experience of operational risk and control management
- Regulatory Management experience an advantage
- Experience working and efficiently delivering in an information technology area / environment is a plus e.g. experience in agile, development of business specifications, review and testing of technology controls
- Ability to work within a challenging environment across competing priorities across run the bank and supporting the launch of new features and products
- Ability to understand data and digitally-driven processes as well as associated risks in order to design effective controls
- Solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills with ability to analyze data-driven situations to formulate appropriate conclusions
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to influence senior management and work with a range of individuals with differing backgrounds and experience
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to draft reports and presentations for formal reporting to governance, regulators
- Proficiency in agile tools such as jira and confluence
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools a plus