Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Who we are
We are not your standard bank, we are a house of innovation! We are part of the team that launched Chase as a new UK bank in 2021, and are now building a new team in a new department with even bigger ambitions. More details will be provided during the interview but for now we can enthusiastically say: It’s challenging, it’s high stakes, it’s fun!
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing products that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization with diverse professionals that come from a wide set of skills, backgrounds and experiences, including b2b and b2c businesses.
Team members have broad autonomy to collaborate and work in a cross-functional way and we value your opinion in every matter; so if you are a designer and you want to write Python code - please do! Or an engineer and want to do user testing - go for it! Teams own their work end-to-end and we have a flat organizational structure.
Our inclusive culture is hugely important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, compassionate people who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. We are about bringing new products to market that solve real world problems for real life customers, not just innovation for the sake of innovation. We are human first; we love working with each other, and we need personal connections and in-person bonding. We find we are happier, more motivated and more productive this way. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of we'd encourage you to read on and apply, even if the job description isn't an exact match for you, we can promise to review your application and let you know if there is anything that might be suitable in the future!
What you’ll do
As the Technical Writer - Platform Experience you are responsible for developing comprehensive high-quality documentation and content that will enable our customers to obtain maximum value from our products and services.
- Create and curate documentation of our Platform and Products, including conceptual overviews, task-based guides, API definitions, and tutorials.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering across various teams to gain deep understanding of the products and services we offer, and translate complex technical information into simple, accurate, engaging content that adapts to various audiences.
- Research, create, and maintain documentation templates that adhere to organizational and legal standards.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with consistent tone of voice across all documentation.
- Push forward new ideas on how to create, deliver, author, and interact with technical content.
Who you are
You love to make hard things easy to understand. You are curious and eager to learn. You are experienced and eager to teach. You are creative and collaborative.You are comfortable with a certain level of ambiguity. You have high confidence and a low ego.
- High level of autonomy and accountability. Culture-heavy, process-light.
- Superb written communication skills, with strong attention to detail and quality.
- Proven experience as an effective technical writer, able to communicate technical concepts clearly and precisely.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex subject matters and to describe them in clear, simple language.
- Experience in writing documentation, manuals, guides and tutorials for various audiences.
- Proven experience working closely with Design, Product and Engineering to define content structure and creating visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognise that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.