Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
F&BM– Central Planning & Analysis - Client Profitability - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is primarily responsible for leading and coordinating the budgeting and forecasting process, including the short- and long-term projection of earnings and capital over varying economic scenarios. FP&A operates in close cooperation with firmwide groups in each line of business to prepare management reports and presentations for the Operating Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Develop solutions that enhance functionality and reporting provided by existing corporate internal financial reporting platform.
- Collaborate with business, operations, and technology partners to re-engineer a robust framework around controls, requirements, test cases, test plan, milestones and project delivery
- Presenting impact analysis to the businesses due to the proposed business changes.
- Schedule regular meetings with Business / CFO’s to review client profitability metrics and work with them to enhance rules and improve allocation drivers
- Be a central point for all CIB LOBs to implement changes & address issues if any
- Deliver various Adhoc reporting for senior management on underperforming clients, capital consumption, sponsors and so on
- Facilitate application of tableau in preparing dashboards for communication to senior business stakeholders, which result in strategic decision making on client mix.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 6+ years professional experience in handling large amount of data, analyzing P&L and balance sheet drivers preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel & PowerPoint in particular) & Tableau preferred
- Experience in the consolidation, review, analysis, and presentation of client financials
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and project management skills with a proven track record of execution against deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication and relationship management skills
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities and to meet deadlines under pressure
- Self-starter who is driven to excel in all aspects of their role and seeks to break the status-quo and initiate improvements where necessary
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Previous experience in a finance / planning role in banking or financial services strongly preferred
- Experience with internal financial systems such as Cognos; Essbase and Paragon