Commercial Banking – Bournemouth Network International Coverage Executive (ICE) Team Lead - VP
Job Type: Full time
Commercial Banking International
Commercial Banking International (CBI) business supports clients with global revenues between USD 20 million and around USD 3 billion and is segregated into two broad client segments: Corporate Client Banking & Specialised Industries (“CCBSI”) and Middle Market Banking & Specialised Industries (“MMBSI”).
The CBI Team is responsible for relationship coverage of the international subsidiaries of US headquartered clients. Within CBI, clients are subdivided into Priority and Network segments based on solution complexity and revenue opportunity. Coverage officers are called International Coverage Executives (ICEs) and are tasked with providing Payments, FX, loan, and trade solutions.
This position will be based in Bournemouth and have ICE responsibilities for client coverage as well as management responsibilities as the Bournemouth Network ICE Team lead. The individual will report into the EMEA Network regional lead, based in London. As an ICE the individual will have an allocated portfolio of names and focus on providing top tier relationship management and guidance to clients largely engaged in cash management.
In many instances the ICE partners with the US Relationship Team (Banker, Treasury Management Officer [TMO], International Product Specialist [IPS]) and Onboarding Teams to scope, deliver and implement international product solutions. The Bournemouth Network ICE will work with professionals across the business and within the broader bank as they manage relationships with US partners and clients. As a manager the individual will look to foster a cohesive working environment across the team and serve as an escalation point and advisor to the Bournemouth Network ICE Team.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for candidates to:
- Gain experience in relationship management through cross region / team engagement and client communication
- Build extensive knowledge of Payments products and services
- Hone negotiation, client sales and credit skills
- Gain exposure to solving client issues by working closely with Client Service and Operational Partners
- Review scoping and solutions for EMEA deals in partnership with US Relationship Team
- Maintain accurate tracking and progression through diligent pipeline management
- Partner with the Client Service Teams and own the escalation and remediation of issues that impact the client
- Review and attest new KYC records and renewals
- Participate in client onboarding activities to ensure deal completion and ramp
- Develop strong and trusted internal partnerships (e.g., EMEA and USA Sales Teams, Operations, Onboarding, KYC, Client Service and Product)
- Manage, drive, and develop a team of 4 Network ICEs; Responsible for hiring and performance management activities pertaining to the Bournemouth Network ICE Team
- Act as escalation to Senior Management
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Broad Commercial Banking or Treasury Services product knowledge (e.g., cash management, payment FX, overdrafts, and traditional trade)
- Experience in Payments, Client Service, Onboarding, KYC and/or Sales would be advantageous
- Staff management and leadership experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as both an independent contributor and team player
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn and aptitude for problem solving and analysis
- Fluent in English: other western European languages would be advantageous