Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Who we areWe are not your standard bank, we are a house of innovation! We are part of the team that launched Chase as a new UK bank in 2021, and are now building a new team in a new department with even bigger ambitions. More details will be provided during the interview but for now we can enthusiastically say: It’s challenging, it’s high stakes, it’s fun!
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing products that put the customer at the centre. We have created a new organisation with diverse professionals that come from a wide set of skills, backgrounds and experiences, including b2b and b2c businesses.
Our inclusive culture is hugely important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, compassionate people who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. We are about bringing new products to market that solve real world problems for real life customers, not just innovation for the sake of innovation. We are human first; we love working with each other, and we need personal connections and in-person bonding. We find we are happier, more motivated and more productive this way. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of we'd encourage you to read on and apply!
As an Outsourcing Manager you will manage the outsourcing process and have a direct hand in optimising the existing outsourcing management processes together with the related control environment.
Main responsibilities for this role are to partner with business leads on vendor identification, own the end-to-end process for onboarding, control and monitor the service providers according to the Service Level Agreements and KPIs, and be the central contact partner for vendor inquiries. Additionally, you will help us drive process improvement with the existing outsourcing processes.
You will be expected to ensure that we meet the required standards, but do this in the most efficient and effective way so that the business can continue to grow and accelerate forward.
- Provide ownership and effective oversight of the outsourcing activities including, onboarding, due diligence, risk assessment and continuing vendor monitoring
- Develop expertise across areas of outsourcing related oversight, governance and regulatory deliverables including analysis of rules and regulations, firmwide policies, standards and controls
- Implement and maintain effective coordination and collaboration with stakeholders across the firm in the area of outsourcing (delivery managers, executive sponsors, service owners, Line of business representatives and providers and the firm’s Global Supplier Services teams)
- Act as a subject matter expert. Maintaining knowledge of vendor onboarding process, and company procedures as well as any changes to the standards
- Engage with senior stakeholders across the firm to agree priority and resolve issues, risks and areas of contention.
- Support the risk management in the business processes in close coordination with the control functions (Risk Management and Legal/Compliance)
- Design and develop outsourcing metrics and reporting
Skills and Experience
- A commercial mindset, excellent negotiation skills and experience in the outsourcing environment
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in compliance, controls or operational risk
- Excellent communication skills, you strive to work in a start-up environment and it is in your nature to find pragmatic solutions
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and relationship management experience
- Knowledge of digital companies and their products, ideally in the area of financial institutions
- The ability to think and act strategically with clearly defined business objectives in mind and an entrepreneurial can-do mindset with a strong hands-on approach
- Experience in change management and/or project management within an Agile environment (Scrum / Kanban) and comfortable using associated tools including Jira and Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognise that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.