Technical Program Test Engineering Lead
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. has expanded its consumer business and we have launched a new digital retail bank in the UK. We are offering consumers a completely new banking experience. Under the Chase brand, the bank provides products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the UK, made available via an innovative mobile app.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in a true agile environment who want to be a part of something new, built from the ground up as a green-field with zero legacy initiative within a global, diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a direct impact to our customers as our business expands around the world.
Technical Program Test Engineering Lead (hands-on) - Chase UK
This is a hands-on opportunity that can help our teams deliver enhanced quality by ensuring the delivery of effective and efficiency test strategies and automation within a green-field initiatives. We leverage the latest technologies and leading industry practices to deliver an end-to-end cutting-edge solution to our clients.
As a Technical Program Test Lead you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical quality and testing engineering leadership, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding quality
- Work closely with all teams across the business to get high-quality products and features through the software delivery lifecycle (build, test, and release on time)
- Take responsibility for identifying key risks and working with multiple teams to define an overall test strategy
- Communicating to a wide range of stakeholders and client teams, aligning them to the test strategy/plan and ensuring shared understanding of desired outcomes.
- Working with (and leading) teams in multiple locations in different time zones, review code PRs from the wider team
- Being part of a tribe as the point of contact for quality and test engineering chapter
- Responsible for the quality and testing engineering improvement roadmap for the tribe
- Working with and across tribes/chapters to deliver test strategies and improvements
- Co-ordinate and lead tribe test resources
- Automating tests and building sufficient and meaningful test coverage
- Developing from scratch or contributing to existing testing frameworks and test infrastructure
- Development and optimisation of test automated within CI/CD pipelines
- Help to define and use software quality data to identify risks to delivery
- Championing a quality and test assist mindset across unit, integration, functional, non-functional testing
- Developing metrics and trend analysis for testing activities
- Triaging, analysing, and debugging issues and driving issues resolution with the team
- Initiating and completing test escape and root cause analysis, testing lessons learned
- Recommending test process improvements and defect prevention actions
- Contributing to the wider quality improvement initiatives and technical radar
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in defining test strategies for complex systems
- Strong and recent hands-on professional experience (actively coding) working as a software developer in test
- Experience building and optimizing testing frameworks, tools, and automation
- Test automation using BDD practices using supporting test automation frameworks
- Mobile test automation using tools such as Cucumber, Appium, and Detox desirable
- Mobile application and mobile browser testing on physical devices and simulators running on both iOS and Android platforms desirable
- Back-end test automation experience using REST Assured, HTTP clients, libraries for working with JSON files and other tools relevant for test automation of APIs desirable
- Understanding of distributed systems and experience working with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) desirable.
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) desirable
- Experience with (incl. setting up and troubleshooting) CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with non-functional testing e.g. accessibility, performance testing etc.
- Clean coding and adherence to the software engineering best practices (DRY, SOLID, etc.) with a focus on scalable and maintainable test execution infrastructure
#ICBCareer #ChaseUK #ICBEngineering