Principal Software Engineer - Advanced Cloud
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If you are looking for a game-changing career, working for one of the world's leading financial institutions, you’ve come to the right place.
As a Principal Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase, you provide expertise and engineering excellence as an integral part of an agile team in Finance, Risk, Data & Controls (FRDC) Advanced Cloud Engineering to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Leverage your advanced technical capabilities and collaborate with colleagues across the organization to drive best-in-class outcomes across various technologies to support one or more of the firm’s portfolios.
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Advises cross-functional teams on technological matters within your domain of expertise
- Creates durable, reusable software frameworks that are leveraged across teams and functions
- Influences leaders and senior stakeholders across business, product, and technology teams
- Champions the firm’s culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Works with teams to understand the functional requirements of existing complex business applications
- Advises teams on public cloud and architectural best practices and helps them to redesign/rebuild complex business applications for cloud
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Expert in one or more programming language(s)
- Experience applying expertise and new methods to determine solutions for complex technology problems in one or more technical disciplines
- Experience leading a product as a Product Owner or Product Manager
- Understanding of the business
- Practical cloud native experience
- Experience leading technologists to manage, anticipate, and solve complex technological issues
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Practical experience of designing and deploying applications on AWS
- Experience in software development and deployment lifecycle and processes
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.