Senior Lead Software Engineer - Public Cloud
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Provide expertise and engineering excellence to advise and assist teams redesigning applications for public cloud.
Be an integral part of an agile team that's constantly pushing the envelope to enhance, build, and deliver top-notch technology products.
As a Senior Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase, you are an integral part of an agile team in FRDC Advanced Cloud Engineering that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Drive significant business impact through your capabilities and contributions, and apply deep technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to tackle a diverse array of challenges that span multiple technologies and applications.
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Drives decisions that influence the product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes
- Actively contributes to the engineering community as an advocate of firmwide frameworks, tools, and practices of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Influences peers and project decision-makers to consider the use and application of leading-edge technologies
- Adds to the team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Works with teams to understand the functional requirements of existing complex business applications
- Advises teams on public cloud and architectural best practices and helps them to redesign/rebuild complex business applications for cloud
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Advanced in one or more programming language(s)
- Ability to tackle design and functionality problems independently with little to no oversight
- Practical cloud native experience
- Experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Practical experience of designing and deploying applications on AWS
- Experience in software development and deployment lifecycle and processes
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.