Lead Site Reliability Engineer- AWS
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Assume a critical role in defining the future of a globally recognized firm and have a direct and significant effect in a realm tailored for top achievers in site reliability.
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer within the Enterprise Technology team, Corporate Sector at JPMorgan Chase you hold a leadership role in your team, demonstrate strong knowledge across multiple technical domains, and advise others on the technical and business issues facing them. Take lead and conduct resiliency design reviews, break up complex problems into digestible work for other engineers, act as a technical lead for medium to large-sized products, and provide advice and mentoring to other engineers.
- Demonstrates and champions site reliability culture and practices and exerts technical influence throughout your team
- Leads initiatives to improve the reliability and stability of your team’s applications and platforms using data-driven analytics to improve service levels
- Collaborates with team members to identify comprehensive service level indicators and stakeholders to establish reasonable service level objectives and error budgets with customers
- Demonstrates a high level of technical expertise within one or more technical domains and proactively identifies and solves technology-related bottlenecks in your areas of expertise
- Acts as the main point of contact during major incidents for your application and demonstrates the skills to identify and solve issues quickly to avoid financial losses
- Documents and shares knowledge within your organization via internal forums and communities of practice
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Deep proficiency in reliability, scalability, performance, security, enterprise system architecture, toil reduction, and other site reliability best practices with the ability to implement these practices within an application or platform
- Fluency in at least one programming language such as (e.g., Python, Java Spring Boot, .Net, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of software applications and technical processes with emerging depth in one or more technical disciplines
- Proficiency and experience in observability such as white and black box monitoring, SLO alerting, and telemetry collection using tools such as Grafana, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Datadog, Splunk, etc.
- Proficiency in continuous integration and continuous delivery tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with container and container orchestration (e.g., ECS, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with troubleshooting common networking technologies and issues
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Good understanding of operating systems such as Windows, Linux (Redhat /Ubuntu)
- Good understanding of .net and SQL or other database.