International Private Bank - Sustainability Strategist - Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The International Private Bank (IPB) Sustainability team is responsible for leading the sustainability efforts across the EMEA, Asia, and Latam regions including the strategy, policies and products. Critical to the team’s success is building relationships with individuals both internal and external to J.P. Morgan, including partnerships with advisors, asset class leads and control partners, as well as engagement with clients and regulators.
You will be a self-motivated sustainability strategist with experience working across sustainability and the financial markets and you will work with our IPB Head of ESG to co-ordinate, build and deliver the IPB’s regional ESG strategy and reporting obligations.
You will be hands-on and comfortable with a level of ambiguity befitting a new and growing team. You will possess a passion for creative and critical thinking, a sound understanding of financial markets, experience with managing the regulatory agenda around ESG issues, and a desire to be part of a fast-growing business.
- Contribute to developing the climate risk management and reporting frameworks for various firmwide Lines of Business, as needed
- Develop strong contextual awareness of client, regulatory and firm-wide sustainability topics and trends
- Contribute to JPMC’s annual ESG report and climate report and publish PB specific reporting as needed.
- Create bespoke strategic analysis including performance benchmarking, market sizing and analysing flows and trends related to ESG funds and capital market products
- Support program management for Sustainability related regulations and initiatives as needed
- Support IPB Head of ESG on strategic asks and analysis
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Extensive relevant experience in a mix of financial markets and sustainability roles
- Strong understanding and interest in approaches to managing climate risk in investments
- Python programming and an understanding of quantitative approaches using ESG data desired
- Practical understanding of ESG data and methodologies use in an asset/wealth management context
- Creative thinker and problem solver. Ability to drive consensus amongst large teams through collaboration and influence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Willingness to travel.