International Private Bank - Sustainability Regulatory Management - Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About Wealth Management:
With more than 160 years of experience, J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to high net worth individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face on their balance sheets by leveraging the Private Bank’s products and solutions. The Private Bank is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships through an integrated team structure with a platform of depth and breadth.
The International Private Bank Sustainability team is responsible for leading the sustainability efforts across the EMEA, Asia and Latam region including the approach to sustainability, including the strategy, policies and products. Critical to the team’s success is building relationships with individuals both internal and external to J.P. Morgan, including partnerships with advisors, asset class leads and control partners, as well as engagement with clients and regulators.
You will be a self-motivated individual with experience working across sustainability and the financial markets and you will work with our IPB Head of ESG to co-ordinate and deliver the International Private Bank’s (IPB) integrated regional ESG strategy and regulatory expectations.
You will be hands-on and comfortable with a level of ambiguity befitting a new and growing team. You will possess a passion for creative and critical thinking, a sound understanding of financial markets, experience with managing the regulatory agenda around ESG issues, and a desire to be part of a fast-growing business.
- Responsible for timely delivery of all ESG regulatory requirements and supervisory expectations
- Lead Regulatory horizon scanning including evaluation of outputs from the Private Bank’s Future Regulatory Forum based on knowledge of the business and impact of sustainability regulations
- Lead the IPB ESG Steering Meeting and provide oversight of program management including timely delivery against all ESG regulatory deadlines
- Contribute to developing ESG, green bond or climate risk frameworks for various firmwide Lines of Business, as needed
- Serve as a representative/delegate on relevant ESG committees with other JPMC Lines of Business, as well as our European Legal Entity, as appropriate
- Support the team in the delivery of strategy documents and BAU requirements as needed
- Participate in industry forums as required
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Extensive relevant experience in a mix of financial markets and sustainability roles
- Business management or project management experience essential
- Sound understanding of ESG regulations in Europe (Asia a plus)
- Creative thinker and problem solver. Ability to drive consensus amongst large teams through collaboration and influence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Willingness to travel.