Platform Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Platform Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase with in Corporate Engineer's Platforms & Experience team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes standard software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with limited guidance
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Applies knowledge of tools within the Software Development Life Cycle toolchain to improve the value realized by automation
- Gathers, analyzes, and draws conclusions from large, diverse data sets to identify problems and contribute to decision-making in service of secure, stable application development
- Develop and maintain tools and scripts to automate repetitive tasks and reduce manual efforts, utilizing Java where necessary. Evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies to enhance developer productivity.
- Experience in process optimization, integration of large systems, application governs and controls.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, Travis, or CircleCI
- Proficiency in Java and scripting languages such as Python, Shell, or Ruby and associated build systems like Maven, NPM or Gradle
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Experience of Spring Boot and associated frameworks
- Experience of Workflow Engines e.g. Camunda, Activitii or Pega
You’ve got this!