E-Trading Risk and Model Market Risk VP/Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient.
In the Market Risk E-Trading Risk & Models (ETRM) team, you will be part of a team that encompasses E-Trading, Models and Analytics for Credit and Equities Markets, within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB). You will be responsible for the Credit Business, overseeing E-Trading controls implementation and review, usage and reporting of valuation and E-Trading models, and the development of Data Analytics within ETRM. The Credit and Equities team is part of the wider global ETRM team, spread across London, Paris, Mumbai, Bangalore, New York and Hong Kong.
Based on the Trading floor, you will collaborate with Market Risk Coverage teams, partnering on strategic projects. Additionally, you will work closely with Trading, Technology, Model Risk Governance & Review (MRGR) and Quantitative Research (QR).
- The E-trading effort will cover ongoing review of existing and new E-Trading Activities, models (including the growth area of machine learning models) and E-Trading controls
- The valuation model effort will include providing risk transparency by model, setting compensating controls for model limitations and working with Trading, QR and MRGR to deploy new models in a controlled manner. This also includes the delivery of the CCAR Market Risk stresses by model, partnering with Market Risk coverage for their respective asset classes
- The analytics work will focus on risk and liquidity analysis, with additional project opportunities depending upon the candidate proficiency within coding languages and appetite in this space, such as an opportunity to work on AI models developed in the front office and their explainability specifically (XAI)
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong academic background with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, ideally in a quantitative and/or financial field
- Relevant or related experience
- Good understanding of financial products, including derivatives modelling techniques
- Good understanding of Market Risk approaches, namely stress testing, scenario analysis, VaR, risk sensitivities, limits
- Good communication skills to be able to manage a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with several asset classes
- Good understanding of computer programming languages and coding techniques, such as Python or R
- Some knowledge of Machine Learning approaches
- Experience with intra-day controls aimed to monitor electronic trading