DevOps Software Engineer I
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Kick-start your software engineering career as an entry-level Software Engineer I. Be part of a team that is pushing the boundaries of what's possible.
As a DevOps Software Engineer I at JPMorgan Chase within the corporate and investment bank markets technology team, you are part of an agile team that works to enhance, design, and deliver the software components of the firm’s state-of-the-art technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an entry-level member of a software engineering team, you execute basic software solutions through the design, development, and troubleshooting of a single technical area within a business function, while gaining skills and experience to grow within your role.
- To manage and resolve day-to-day production issues, queries for a number of trading desks, environment monitoring.
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with peer guidance
- Breaks down routine technical tasks to troubleshoot and solve issues
- Gathers, analyzes, and synthesizes basic data sets in service of technical troubleshooting and generating insights to drive continuous improvements
- Actively applies automation to reduce manual toil in the Software Development Life Cycle
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Should be flexible to work for Weekend support.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in DevOps, application and production support on L1 & L2 levels.
- Good knowledge of AWS
- Baseline knowledge of software, applications and technical processes within a given technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, Android, etc.)
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, with a passion to build an inclusive and innovative culture
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Proficiency in developmental toolsets
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree - preferably in Computer Science
- Exposure to cloud technologies