Software Engineer II
Job Type: Full time
You’re ready to gain the skills and experience needed to grow within your role and advance your career — and we have the perfect software engineering opportunity for you.
As a Software Engineer II at JPMorgan Chase within our global technology infrastructure messaging and streaming team, you are part of an agile team that works to enhance, design, and deliver the software components of the firm’s state-of-the-art technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As an emerging member of a software engineering team, you execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role.
- Executes standard software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the syntax of at least one programming language with limited guidance
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Learns and applies system processes, methodologies, and skills for the development of secure, stable code and systems
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via developing tools and automation
- Adopting cutting-edge technologies and creating best-of-breed solutions by researching and evaluating alternate solutions
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience across the whole Software Development Life Cycle
- Exposure to agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Experience with Messaging products such as SQS, RabbitMQ and Amazon MQ is a big plus.
- Emerging knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies