Data Management- Senior Associate
Job Type: Full time
You will work for the Workplace Activity Data Utility (‘WADU’) which is a program that sits at the forefront of data driven decision making and is focused on building out a new firm-wide capability that unlocks the potential of our Workplace Activity data to enhance our strategic and investment decisions. You will be market leader in data analysis, working within a team which fosters an innovative and collaborative environment.
You will work for the WADU Data team which is fundamental to the program’s success. Part of the team’s role is to ensure the accuracy and useability of the data. You will understand the critical need to represent these numbers with integrity and confidence to tell an unbiased story. We value thought leadership, creativity, and logical thinking. Most of all we value team membership, as you will be joining a fantastic team who work as a close unit.
You will join the team which is responsible for the end to end data journey, from sourcing of new data feeds, ingestion, deriving new rules based logic and algorithms, data quality assurance and constantly coming up with creative solutions to streamline and improve at every step. We also are critical in determining the useability of data and how it relates to client driven user cases.
- Understand that good data is foundational, be diligent and curious, able to think outside the box.
- Supporting ideation and creation of new data points in line with requirements from our stakeholders.
- Evaluate current user cases, conduct gap analysis and identify opportunities for future product development.
- Manage the innovation life cycle of the product from ideation & prototyping through to the translation of requirements to our technology team.
- Partners with our client engagement teams to ensure our end users are getting the maximum value out of our analytics and insights.
- Build strong relationship with stakeholders like Corporate Technology and Data Science partners and own streams of the delivery plan.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently across multiple aspects of the organization at all levels; confidence in communicating with management.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Self-starter with ability to manage own workload and multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- a few years experience in a Data related role, or in a Change/Transformation role.
- High capability for analytics and problem solving with a passion for data, data skills, BIG Data and data tools.
- Ability to communicate. Ability to quickly translate complex ideas into sensible stories/communications.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to structure and scope complex problems; team-oriented nature with clear ownership mentality.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude, very strong analytical skills and idea generation, with the ability to go from conceptualization to execution.
- A team player with strong inter-personal skills with ability to forge strong relationships with key stakeholders including technology partners.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience or prior exposure and understanding in data models.
- Expertise in working with data to query, be curious with data and have a sensible regard around data accuracy. Data interrogation and Quality checking.
- Excellent oral and written executive-level communication and presentation skills.