Equity Derivatives - Marketing Support Middle Office Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Our Structured Products cover the full range of asset classes, including equities, credit, interest rates, currencies, commodities, funds and alternative investments.
This role will involve daily interaction with Sales, Trading, Clients, Middle-office and Operations groups globally as well as frequent interaction with technology and project delivery teams.
The successful candidate will be part of a team delivering Sales and Client support for the Equity Derivatives marketing business (Retail Derivative Products). The role involves post trade sales support and has extensive desk and client interaction.
You will need to have a clear understanding of trade flow and lifecycle event management. Sound knowledge of derivatives confirmations (ISDA), settlement workflow, profit and loss process would be advantageous. You will be also expected to play key roles in developing new process and opportunities, perform root cause analysis, identify and implement solutions.
- Managing and maintaining client Business As Usual activity, (mainly T based)
- Ensuring and co-ordination with downstream teams that all T+1 Client Exception Capture / Matching and trade input is captured
- Ensuring all external queries relating to Equity Derivatives Products are investigated and resolved on a timely basis.
- Maintaining lifecycle events as they arise on Over-The-Counter positions, including reset payments, premiums, coupons, terminations, dividends, novations and all other events.
- Liaising with operations teams for management of Confirmation/Settlement Exceptions
- Acting as escalation point for any service issues
- Fully understand and communicate with client surrounding client reporting/statements. Partnering with sales & client to understand business and service needs
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Degree Educated with Derivatives product experience and understanding
- Client or Investment Banking Middle Office experience preferred
- Ability to perform in a fast pace environment; showing problem solving and judgement skills
- Diligent approach to work
- Excellent MS Office skills ( Excel, Power Point, Word & Visio)
- Great communicator who shows resilience
- Excellent team working skills and personal motivation