Chief Data Office - Control Program Oversight - Senior Associate
Job Type: Full time
Compliance, Conduct & Operational Risk Chief Data Office ("CCOR CDO") is driving forward the governance of Data Risks across the CCOR functions – Join the Control Program Oversight team within CCOR CDO to execute key projects and help maintain a robust control framework for our group.
The Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk Chief Data Office ("CCOR CDO") is part of Risk Management and Compliance and is aligned with Firmwide Data Assurance ("FDA"). CCOR CDO oversees and governs the Data Risk Management framework which proactively identifies and monitors emerging and existing risks, establishes and maintains effective controls and governance to mitigate data risks arising from inappropriate, incorrect or unauthorized provision/ consumption, classification, storage, retention and disposal of data across Compliance, Conduct & Operational Risk.
CCOR CDO is responsible for multiple projects/initiatives relating to the implementation and ongoing governance of the Data Risk Management Policy and Standard.
- Partnering with centralized control program representatives (Records Retention & Destruction, User Tools, Intelligent Solutions, Resiliency, IAS, Procedural Governance, Data Risk leads etc.) to ensure adherence to applicable policies and standards. Support the coordination of consistent execution and alignment with Firmwide and Risk Management & Compliance initiatives
- Performing independent quality assurance of the control points for the Data Quality - Data Management team within CCOR CDO to identify underlying themes, determine root cause, and support remediation activities and control enhancements
- Partnering with Data Owners (and their delegates), Technology and Control Managers to execute the Data Requirements Initiative, ensuring sufficient documentation of the requirements and roles and responsibilities pertaining to the consumption of data across CCOR functions
- Oversight of the development and implementation of governed documentation (procedures, operating models etc.) which describe the key processes, controls and governance across CCOR CDO
- Oversight of CCOR CDO Risk Assessment Structure (RAS) in the Control and Operational Risk Evaluation platform, with awareness and accountability of all Risks, Controls, Issues and Action Plans associated to CCOR CDO
- Co-ordination of all Data Quality Management (DQM) Tollgate checks, feedback loops & best practices for CCOR CDO owned Data Quality Issues, whilst in adherence to the Firmwide guidance for DQM
- Driving the consistency of activities performed across all CCOR CDO locations (Singapore, Bangalore, Bournemouth and Delaware), with a risk-focused outlook of process improvement
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong experience in the financial industry
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, with strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high standard
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to convey complex ideas simply, attention to detail and the ability to drive consensus and influence
- Experience in defining and/or documenting a process, identifying efficiencies, and ensuring adherence to a robust Controls’ framework
- Effective change management skills - ability to support & adapt within a changing environment
- Experience delivering strong governance and oversight with a demonstrated ability to partner with internal stakeholders and guide/influence outcomes towards strategic solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in Risk and Control management and/or experience in any Data Risk area (Data Use, Data Storage, Data Protection, Data Quality, Data Classification, Data Retention & Destruction) would be advantageous
- Experience with Intelligent Solution tools such as Alteryx, QlikView and Tableau