Site Reliability Engineer III - Hybrid Working
Job Type: Full time
There’s nothing more exciting than being at the center of a rapidly growing field in technology and applying your skillsets to drive innovation and modernize the world's most complex and mission-critical systems.
As a Site Reliability Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) you will join our Global Environment Management Team (GEM) where you will solve complex and broad business problems with simple and straightforward solutions. Through code and cloud infrastructure, you will configure, maintain, monitor, and optimize applications and their associated infrastructure to independently decompose and iteratively improve on existing solutions. You are a significant contributor to your team by sharing your knowledge of end-to-end operations, availability, reliability, and scalability of your application or platform.
- Collaborates with other software engineers and teams to design, develop, test, and implement availability, reliability, scalability, and solutions in their applications.
- Implements infrastructure, configuration, and network as code for the applications and platforms in your remit.
- Collaborates with technical experts, key stakeholders, and team members to resolve complex problems.
- Understands service level indicators and utilizes service level objectives to proactively resolve issues before they impact customers.
- Supports the adoption of site reliability engineering best practices within your team.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting priority incidents, facilitate seamless root-cause analysis
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Formal training or certification on site reliability engineering concepts and 3+ years applied experience.
- Experience in observability such as white and black box monitoring, service level objective alerting, and telemetry collection using tools such as Grafana, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Datadog, Splunk, and others.
- Proficient in at least one programming language such as Python, Java/Spring Boot, and .Net.
- Proficient knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a given technical discipline (e.g., Cloud, artificial intelligence, Android, etc.)
- Ability to contribute to large and collaborative teams by presenting information in a logical and timely manner with compelling language and limited supervision.
- Ability to proactively recognize road blocks, a creative approach to problem-solving, ability to conduct independent research and Diagnose incident causes for rapid remediation
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing, resiliency patterns and implement ideas to solve business problems
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems)