International Private Bank - Philanthropy Advisor - Senior Associate - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Philanthropy Centre (TPC) of the J.P. Morgan Private Bank enhances philanthropic impact by offering our clients and their families strategic and innovative advice, thought leadership and collaborative opportunities.
In this role, TPC is looking for someone to work as a Senior Associate within philanthropic advisory strategy for the International Private Bank in EMEA. Additionally, this role will help to support and counsel ultra-high-net-worth clients with philanthropic intent who are looking to increase impact, collaborate with others and implement strategic philanthropic programs. As a member of the Philanthropy Centre, philanthropic advisors act as thought leaders in various sectors of philanthropy, nonprofit areas and public policy. Advisors also provide information on emerging trends in philanthropy through publications and organized forums for peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
- Contribute to new business development for asset management, in collaboration with banking teams and product specialists by providing philanthropic advice. Work across a broad spectrum within the private bank, including: individuals and families; private foundations; donor advised funds; and public charity endowments.
- Advise on best practices in philanthropic giving, including: trends in philanthropy; philanthropic vehicle selection; vision and mission statements; funding guidelines; operating procedures; governance matters; succession issues; and strategic grant making.
- Manage ongoing relationships with select donors who require intensive grant making services to ensure that they receive high quality donor-focused grant making services.
- Maintain a strong professional and community network and broad understanding of the target market community to build and maintain relationships with clients and prospects.
- Plan, facilitate and speak at donor educational forums, board meetings and other client activities designed to highlight best practices in philanthropy
- Lead/facilitate board trainings or meetings with clients and their families
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in non-profit organization, foundation or related work
- Experience in sales and marketing a plus, particularly if conducted within the financial industry/client advisor
- Strong presentation skills, both written and oral
- Creative problem-solving abilities that generate new ideas and can adjust to meet changing needs
- Ability to connect with a broad range of perspectives
- Strong, clear judgment in addition to being a strong influencer and facilitator
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced corporate setting