Guidelines Management Control Vice President - Private Bank European Funds
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As Vice President in this role you will be working directly in support of the Private Bank within Wealth Management under the broader framework of the Guidelines Management function within Asset Management. The role will support the initial growth, implementation and on-going management of the Guidelines Management Control function supporting the European Private Family Funds business. The role is located in London and will report directly to the Global Head of Guidelines Management Control, based out of London.
Asset Management’s Guidelines Management team is responsible for supporting the overall investment guidelines process for all products managed by the firm, including; Fixed Income, Equity, Alternatives, Passive Investments, Multi Asset Solutions and Currency. Guidelines Management partners closely with portfolio & risk managers, traders and client advisors. The team’s core functions include ensuring the accuracy of the investment guideline process throughout the lifecycle of a client including; advising on investment guideline language, supporting the coding and monitoring of the investment guidelines and advising the wider business on all aspects of the investment guideline process The Guideline Management team is fully accountable for the end-to-end guideline process and drives strategic programs.
In the role you will ensure adherence to regulatory & client guidelines while continuously improving quality and reducing administrative burden through innovative solutions, they must possess skills enabling them to;
- Manage and oversee the Guidelines Management Control function supporting the Private Family Funds business within the EMEA region.
- Build strong understanding of Private Family Funds business strategies to deliver guideline requirements successfully
- Develop best in class guideline coding and testing practices to minimize manual intervention by investors
- Implement solutions to issues and challenges raised by business stakeholders and improve effectiveness of the Guidelines Management Control function in the region
- Work closely with colleagues in our global locations to maintain a tightly connected operating model as part of the broader team
- Produce effective and relevant management information and manage professional development of the team direct reports
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
- Expert knowledge of European Fund regulation, specifically UCITS and AIFMD including country specific nuances with specific emphasis on investment guidelines. Experience in managing, inspiring and motivating small to medium-size teams, providing vision, creativity, presence, and credibility. Strong working knowledge of the Latent Zero Sentinel product or other similar applications. Strong sense of prioritization, urgency, execution and delivery with extensive experience of driving process change and efficiencies in a growing business
- Deep knowledge and experience in fixed income, equities, and derivatives. Excellent understanding of the investment process and associated market practices with the ability to think strategically about how to create business led solutions. Sound knowledge and understanding of investments and enterprise risk
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with the Business, Technology and other key stakeholders and work effectively in a matrix organization. Ability to challenge, influence and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective. Innovative and creative thought leader with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to establish and communicate the strategic vision and complex ideas to all levels. Autonomous decision-making, accountability in a highly matrixed environment, and leading by example
- Strong oversight and control mindset and financial and budgeting skills
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
- Data Visualization
- Project Management
- Database skills (Sybase / Oracle / MS Access)
- Data Governance