Full Stack Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the Corporate Enterprise and Technology Team, you will serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
In the Firm-wide Planning and Analysis (FWPA) technology team, we develop products that enable financial analysts to accurately prepare firm-wide financial data for a variety of uses, including managing the business, regulatory purposes, and preparing for a variety of economic scenarios. It's an exciting time to join the firm as there's a big push towards modernizing technologies. Your typical day at work should primarily be spent writing code, troubleshooting bugs, or improving our platforms and infrastructure.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Proactively identifies hidden problems and patterns in data and uses these insights to drive improvements to coding hygiene and system architecture
- Contributes to software engineering communities of practice and events that explore new and emerging technologies
- Primarily responsible for developing and modernizing APIs and backend services.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experienced in Frontend development (ReactJS preferred)
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages (Python preferred)
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Working knowledge of key products in AWS
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and backend architecture
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with DevOps