Full Stack Lead Software Engineer - within DevOps Team - Data Centre Services
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We have an opportunity to impact your career and provide an adventure where you can push the limits of what's possible.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
As a member of our DevOps team, you will be joining a team who are responsible for designing, building, implementing and supporting various full-stack applications and services that support our modern Data Centers. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers, globally. You’ll be given the opportunity to own elements in our roadmap and drive results for our customers. Additionally, you will have the ability to become an SME in areas that excite, while leading technical direction within the team and tech stack.
Over time you will use the latest technologies, data management and security practices in all aspects of software development. Critical thinking, clear communication and collaboration are key to successful product delivery.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads or contributes to evaluation sessions to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical standards, and applicability for use within existing systems
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Understanding of Event Driven Architecture, leveraging technologies such as Kafka.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies: Cloud Foundry, AWS
- Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication
- Ability to host/participate in bridge calls and communicate effectively to large group of individuals at all levels.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals using Agile practices.