Asset Management – Global Transportation Group – Acquisitions – Vice-President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the world’s third-largest alternatives manager, with a 40-year history of delivering innovative alternative solutions across market cycles. Our alternative investment engines are managed by highly specialized independent teams, backed by the global reach, vast resources and robust governance of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Our alternative strategies are designed to achieve specific client outcomes and built to deliver uncorrelated returns to traditional asset classes. Customized alternative portfolios can be tailored to individual client needs. We offer strategies across the alternative investment spectrum, including real estate, private equity and credit, infrastructure, transportation, liquid alternatives and hedge funds.
We have a position for a Vice President on the Acquisitions Team of the Global Transportation Group within Global Alts, in London. You will play an important role in GTG’s investment strategy, developing the identification and execution of corporate mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”).
- Valuation and pricing – work with junior team members to build analytical models that value potential acquisitions, within the context of GTG’s investment returns requirements. Construct comprehensive valuation models that estimate the impact of synergies (if a merger) or identify opportunities to enhance value through internal change processes. Select and employ appropriate valuation techniques that are suitable to the target company’s business. Compare valuation to outside opinions where relevant.
- M&A process management – when suitable opportunities are identified, work with junior resources as well as external advisors to develop a context-dependent approach (given the structure of the process and number of competitors: e.g broad auction versus negotiated sales).
- Due diligence – guide internal and external resources on a comprehensive, structured review of target company’s contracts, agreements, financials, tax position, customers, IP, IT, HR, regulatory and environmental compliance, shareholding structures, and any other relevant factors that would impact a final offer price.
- Documentation - Including letters of intent, preliminary non-binding indications of interest, definitive agreements, representations and warranties and closing conditions among other M&A process documents.
- Negotiation – position final bid, structure, representations and warranties and closing conditions to the benefit of the Fund.
- Communication - keep senior members of GTG investment team as well as the Investment Committee appraised of deal status, secure buy-in to new transaction opportunities, present to prospective and current Fund investors, when needed.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Demonstrated track record of M&A deal execution and process management
- A highly collaborative and team-oriented individual with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones
- Strong, multi-tasking, time management and problem solving skills
- Masters / graduate degree in Business or Law preferred
- Previous experience working with transportation sectors preferred
- Series 7 and Series 63 license holder or FCA approved status