Business Analyst, Capital Product, Treasury and the Chief Investment Office, Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join out London team.
The Treasury and the Chief Investment Office (TCIO) within JPMorgan is responsible for firm wide asset and liability management for one of the world’s largest global financial institutions with a $2.5 trillion balance sheet, including more than $900 billion in loans and $1.4 trillion in deposits. Because it sits at the very center of the firm, TCIO directly influences the composition of the firm’s balance sheet as well the activities of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs): Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, and Consumer & Community Banking.
The Capital Change team within the TCIO function is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure required to support the calculation and reporting of Capital and other Capital-related disclosures such as Leverage, Large Exposures etc. The team partners closely across JPMC functions including Technology, Capital Management, Capital Production & Operations and Lines of Business to deliver key priorities for the Firm including the implementation of ongoing regulatory changes and the development of a new reporting and analytics application.
- Part of a team responsible for the design and delivery of the modern suite of UI / UX solutions including the underlying Framework to support the business and regulator expectations.
- The definition, documentation and governance of sound design principals to ensure these are consistently enforced across the product.
- Documentation and delivery of comprehensive, high quality Business Requirements, UI / UX Wireframes and Functional Specifications
- Working closely with stakeholders to ensure their requirements are captured, and they feel engaged, empowered and trained as part of the modernisation journey.
- Timely escalation of issues to the Product Owner ensuring robust risk mitigation strategies
- Preparation and execution of detailed test cases including expected results.
- Supporting the wider agenda of the Capital Product.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- 5+ years of treasury, financial or regulatory reporting experience at a large financial institution - driving change on large and complex initiatives in an efficient, standardised, streamlined and logical manner
- An experienced business analyst who brings the full suite of the business analyst skillset (requirement gathering, documentation, problem solving, data analysis, testing)
- Experience working on the delivery of UI / UX solutions to support regulatory reporting business demands (calculations, analytics, workflows, adjustments).
- A strong understanding and experience of industry best practise from a design perspective, including data modelling, data governance and data architecture.
- Strong interpersonal skills including being able to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders across multiple locations, a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision, teachable, and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written to senior stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – MS Excel , MS Access, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- A well-read individual who is familiar with modernisation initiatives across the industry including front-end and cloud technologies, and able to bring these considerations to the role.
- Working knowledge of regulatory capital rules.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including ability to query large datasets using SQL, Python, Alteryx etc to pull trends and insights.
A sound understanding of and experience in the definition of Operating Models