Manager of Public Cloud Software Engineering
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Lead multiple teams, manage day-to-day implementation activities, and set overall guidance for team output, practices, and collaboration.
This is your chance to change the path of your career and guide multiple teams to success at one of the world's leading financial institutions.
As a Manager of Public Cloud Software Engineering, you lead multiple teams and manage day-to-day implementation activities by identifying and escalating issues and ensuring your team’s work adheres to compliance standards, business requirements, and tactical best practices.
- Manage engineering deliveries for Public Cloud Platforms which will enable all developers in the firm to innovate and accelerate by getting access to modern public cloud capabilities
- Sets the overall guidance and expectations for team output, practices, and collaboration
- Anticipates dependencies with other teams to deliver products and applications in line with business requirements
- Manages stakeholder relationships and the team’s work in accordance with compliance standards, service level agreements, and business requirements
- Creates a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect for the team members and prioritizes diverse representation
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience leading technology projects based on Public Cloud (preferably AWS)
- Experience managing technologists
- Proficient in infrastructure automation and continuous delivery methods
- Advanced understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- In-depth knowledge of the financial services industry and their IT systems
- Practical cloud native experience
- Experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and expertise in technology disciplines
You’ve got this!