Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Controls Associate – Chase UK
Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it's about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused individuals, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Control Management (CM):
CM maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligns managers with each line of business, function, and region to mitigate operational risk. The team focuses on four areas: Risk Identification & Assessment, Control Design & Evaluation, Issue Management, and Control Governance & Reporting.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders (Conduct and Customer Experience) to evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the business’ operational risk and control environment to identify significant control gaps, weaknesses, and resolutions to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
- Ensure that controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively
- Support a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Review and analyse program-related data frames (e.g., KRIs/KPIs) to proactively identify existing and emerging operational risks to business-related programs and strategies
- Collaborate with control colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance risk, audit, and technology control functions to further establish and maintain business relationship loops
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of financial service experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance advantageous
- Working knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create and evaluate the operational risk and control environment in conjunction with business partners
- Experience/ working knowledge of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles and Consumer Duty regulations a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment, and experience using JIRA and Confluence a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Understanding of the UK banking industry and regulatory environment, including knowledge of Consumer Duty regulations
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.