Asset Management - Product Structuring and Documentation (European Product Development) – Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is continuously seeking to enhance the range of strategies offered to meet the increasingly sophisticated investment requirements of our clients, through either the launch of new products or employing our investment expertise to shape existing products for the impact of new developments. Our product development departments follow a rigorous process to determine the product launches, involving the participation and agreement of senior business managers, within a framework of rigor and governance. Initiation, Design and Business Case Approval; Development; Regulatory and Implementation.
You will be part of our Product Structuring and Documentation team which are an integral part of the European Product Development team. You will be responsible for providing legal, regulatory and documentation drafting support and guidance with respect to the establishment and ongoing maintenance of JPMorgan Asset Management's Pan-European open-ended fund ranges. You will report to the Head of Product Structuring and Documentation and can we would consider candidates who are based in Luxembourg and London.
- Work in full partnership with the product developers to produce market leading documentation that considers all legal, regulatory and technical matters
- Consider vehicle structuring issues (including vehicle selection), in the design and execution of new products and changes to existing products
- Provide advice and assistance on regulatory issues associated with the creation of new products and product changes including mergers and liquidations.
- Provide advice and assistance on regulatory change and its impact to product documentation
- Draft and manage the review of regulatory and other required documentation from product specification to regulatory approval
- Support the application for regulatory approval of prospectus changes and new products by working as necessary with relevant Documentation Managers
- Engage with internal committees, boards of directors, regulators, external lawyers and the Depositary/Trustee of UK OEICs in support of the above
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Strong technical knowledge of the UCITS and AIFM regulatory frameworks and a working knowledge of SFDR
- A good understanding of the Pan-European asset management industry and registration requirements in Asia
- Solid understanding of a range of financial instruments, asset classes and strategies targeted to retail and / or professional investors
- Experience in the asset management industry directly or through asset management practices of law/consultancy firms, with particular experience in working in the UCITS and AIFM regulatory frameworks
- Drafting of legal documents such as prospectuses and SFDR documentation with high attention to detail and lateral thinking skills
- Understanding of portfolio management process and techniques
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Qualified lawyer in Luxembourg, Ireland and / or England and Wales is preferable
- Experience of managing multiple projects to tight deadlines, within a large, highly complex, cross-functional environment