CIB Securities Services Technology Business Manager - VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
You as part of Business Management team will work to optimize business performance by helping to drive key initiatives. You will act as trusted advisors and counterweight to Business/Group Heads, and are responsible for identifying, escalating, and mitigating business risks. The role of a business manager is dynamic and can vary from business to business, in line with the priorities of the different lines of business.
- Provide a high level of responsiveness to executive ad-hoc requests related to project management, presentation development, and business analysis. Participate in collaborative initiatives with team members and global managers, looking for ways to continually simplify, improve, and add value to existing business processes
Responsible for all Financial Matters within the technology team including the annual budget planning process, financial reporting, workforce management, location strategy and project & resource planning.
Partner with Finance management to use standard financial reporting to track forecast/actuals versus plan, articulate variance drivers across the portfolio to stakeholders including financial risks and opportunities. Investigate expense allocations charged to various businesses.
Organize complex information in a strategic and compelling way, demonstrating strong design acumen and expertise in Excel and PowerPoint techniques. Create wireframes and mock-ups quickly and iteratively for management presentations, reports, and dashboards.
- Communicate effectively with key business partners to understand projects and drive next steps. Project manage and deliver key work streams and tasks. Identify key business risks on the platform and drive resolution of mitigating controls
- Support audit, regulatory and compliance deliverables; help drive specific action plans and deliverables within the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) framework
- Coordinate team activities and prepare materials for town halls, employee recognition, and strategy working sessions.Collect and maintain internal resources and documentation on collaboration sites, like SharePoint
Required Qualifications, Skills and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or other related area preferred. Prior experience in Business Management or COO role
- Proven experience delivering timely, high quality presentations and/or reporting for various projects and stakeholders. Attention to detail is a must with continuous focus on design excellence
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with different stakeholder groups and driving the agenda. Excellent communication, organization and project management skills
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate thoughtful rationale in design decisions. Intermediate to advanced level ability expected in all MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Pivot Tables)
- Self-motivated, tenacious and able to work with high degree of independence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Direct experience managing an annual budgeting process, resource planning and implementation of hiring plans.