Applied AI/ML Lead - Capital Connect - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Benefit from startup culture and leverage scale of JPM in data-driven fintech business
We are building a high-profile and exciting new data-driven fintech business for the firm, with the goal of creating a market leading platform for private markets. The small, pragmatic cross-disciplinary team building the product brings together data scientists, finance specialists, former entrepreneurs, product managers, designers, and engineers, who work together with the benefits of a startup culture that can leverage the scale of JPM.
We are looking for individuals to help us develop and bring existing data- and AI-focused projects to the next level. Someone, who is passionate to work with a wide array of datasets to gain deep insights into private markets and make actionable recommendations. Previous financial services experience not required.
- Disrupt the capital markets business through co-development of data-driven products, data exploration and analytics of JPMorgan’s vast datasets.
- Supported by data-engineer and dev-ops teams, you will be mostly focused on solving data science problems and modeling.
- Bring order to disparate requirements with high tolerance for ambiguity, very strong problem solving ability.
- Invent creative and innovative ways to answer key business questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones. Deliver practical data insights in a compelling manner to stakeholders.
Who you are
- Strong technical background – PhD/master in STEM program, math/stats/probability with good understanding of first principles and being able to build on that.
- Commercial or large open source contribution experience in
- writing code and developing software using Python and SQL following best practices (clean, documented code, unit tests, optimized code)
- delivering data science and analytics solutions which create enduring value
- leveraging a wide range of quantitative methods and their implementation (covering statistics, optimization and machine learning methodologies)
- You are motivated by building something of significance. You bring intellect, flexibility, and integrity that motivates others to trust and collaborate. You love data.
- General ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant insights, and drive to clear decisions.