iOS Software Engineer III
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As an iOS Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within Digital Platform & Services team, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Develop secure, testable and efficient code for iPhone, iPad Apps and frameworks, Write well designed, secure, testable, efficient code using best software development practices, Ensure code hygiene and documentation is maintained to the highest levels.
- Be passionate in your field and keep up-to-date on emerging technologies, platform advances and APIs.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages.
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Extensive experience of using common frameworks: UIKit, Core Data, expert in common Cocoa design patterns, experience of developing for iOS with Objective-C and Swift.
- Practical knowledge of iOS Platform Security: Keychain, Certificate Pinning, Data Protection APIs and Encryption, experience of building re-useable libraries, frameworks and APIs
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience with SwiftUI, Combine, and Async/Await.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
You’ve got this!