Market Risk Middle Office - Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Joining the Market Risk Middle Office means joining a global team, a team that takes pride in its role as part of the second line of defence for JPMorgan Chase. Analysts in the Market Risk Middle Office have ample opportunity to learn and develop, as the team supports a wide range of risks across all the Businesses the bank has to offer.
As an Analyst with the Market Risk Middle Office, you will be responsible for performing control checks to identify data quality issues within the firms Risk data. This is a key function as the risk data is then used to support investment decisions and, more importantly, submitted to the regulators. The team in Bournemouth supports data quality checks for VaR based measures including RegVaR and Stressed Var, as well as for other risk measures such as Default Exposure, Stress-Testing and Volcker, as well as for the firms internal Capital Model.
The role requires someone with a meticulous eye for detail, with strong organizational skills, an analytical mindset, and the willingness to apply it to large sets of data.
- Perform daily data quality checks on VaR, Stress and other market risk measures within agreed controls.
- Identify drivers of changes in market risk measures and reach out to appropriate stakeholders to understand its validity.
- Remediate data quality issues in line with agreements with Product Controllers and/or MRBG.
- Research, resolve, and escalate Line of Business, Market Risk Management and Audit inquiries.
- Maintain daily procedure manuals, ensuring that all local regulatory requirements are met.
- Build effective partnerships with Market Risk Coverage, Technology, Market Risk Operate, Market Risk Basel Group, Market Risk Quantitative Research and Market Risk Reporting teams.
- Ensure that all processes are run in the most effective, efficient and timely manner to meet all SLAs.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Ability to understand business processes and their risk implications, analyse complex situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations.
- Professional, self-motivated, and adaptable person who can work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work and solve problems independently, be able to work in a deadline oriented environment working with large amounts of data, and be able to dynamically prioritise workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create and present training materials. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop effective credible relationships with the business and functional partners.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required, proficiency using other Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Strong team player who can work well with colleagues of various levels and internal clients across regions.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- A reasonable understanding of VaR, Stress and other Market Risk measures
- Familiarity with the concept of PnL’s, and how they contribute to VaR
- Experience with VBA and other coding languages